As a full-service immigration law firm, our practice ranges from work based temporary employment visas to family based immigration, to asylum and naturalization matters.

Learn more about the services we provide by selecting the appropriate section.

  • Employment-Based Immigration
  • Family Based Immigration
  • Temporary (Non-immigrant) Status
  • Naturalization Proceedings
  • Asylum Status
  • Removal Proceedings and Appeals

Employment Based Immigration

Masliah & Soloway represents individuals seeking to immigrate to the United States who are sponsored by their employer or who self-petition in one of several categories. We also represent corporations, universities, and non-profit organizations that wish to sponsor a current or temporary employee to remain permanently in the United States.

Priority Workers

  • Aliens of Extraordinary Ability – for individuals who have extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
  • Outstanding Professors and Researchers – a researcher or professor applying for this visa must be internationally recognized as “outstanding” in a specific academic area.
  • Multinational Executives and Managers – an executive or manager, who has been employed abroad by a multinational, may be transferred permanently to assume an executive or managerial position in the U.S. subsidiary, affiliate or branch office.

Members of Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Aliens of Exceptional Ability

  • Advanced Degree Holders – applicants for this visa category must have a Master’s degree or its equivalent. Applicants must have an approved Labor Certification Application, i.e. their employers must have proven to the satisfaction of the Department of Labor that there was no qualified, able and available U.S. worker to fill the position.
  • Exceptional Ability – the alien must have a degree of expertise significantly above that ordinarily encountered. Approve Labor Certification is also required to file a petition in this category.

Skilled Workers, Professionals and Other Workers

  • Professionals/Skilled Workers – the alien must have a baccalaureate degree or be a member of a skilled profession, i.e. those requiring at least two years experience. Approved Labor Certification Application is required for these categories.